Thursday, 10 January 2008

You have what we're looking for

"Dear Joanna,
I found your details on Monster and I would be very interested in speaking with you further. You have great experience and your CV is very well put together.
I am currently recruiting a role, which I feel you may be interested. It would be good to speak with you ASAP, please give me a call."
I spent 2 hours Monday night working on my CV for an internal job application, and thought, why not put it out there, see what happens. I did that last night. And got this email this morning.

So I called. It sounds like an interesting job. It would certainly be a step up from me. I'm a bit bored in my current job. I've been doing it for 3 years, and only the last 9 months have been relatively enjoyable. But there's not much in the way of progression. And a lot of changes coming up, which leave my job role a bit up in the air. So I'm keeping an eye out for something else. But I've thought I'm a bit stuck with the type of role I have. Not much like it out there. But maybe I'm being too negative.

Anyway, I'm going to push those doors and see what happens. If you don't try you won't fail. But you also may never succeed.

No comments: